Saturday 20 March 2010

Adventures in Marketing: The sciOmeter!

Well although I don't want to completely disclose the total number of sales for the first day to the world, I can tell you that it is larger than Zero!

But although I should be satisfied that it's sold at all, I'm not! I want to see this in the top 10 apps and there must, must be a way to do that. So far my tactics have been:

- To contact a couple of non-game related blogs but related to the subject matter (one rejection so far)
- Contacted three iphone related blogs and trying to get added to some lists
- digg'd, stumbled the app - no additional diggs yet though.
- Shared it on facebook, but no one's bothered to look at the vid
- Mentioned it on the iphone app section of eurogamer

so I've been fairly busy for the first marketing day, but today I've got the whole day to worry about it - and to get my PC up and running again! Stupid HDD crashes...

My plan for today is:

- To contact at least 3 blogs that deal with iphone apps (silly ones if possible)
- Possibly mentioning it on somethingawful
- I've got a google ads voucher - might create an account and do some real advertising
- Write and send a press release using gamerelease.net with which I have an account.
- Add app to iphoneapplist site, which I created an account with yesterday.

So plenty to do, the only problem is that it's going to be difficult to see where I get the most response (if any!) from because I don't receive stats like that from iTunes. Anyway, wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. This is the worst app I have ever seen in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ain't seen nuffin yet!

    ReplyDelete