Thursday 8 April 2010

How many enemies does it take...

To make a game interesting?

I've been putting a bit of thought into this over the last couple of days as I'm seriously hoping to have the main mode of the new project in it's first completed state by the end of this weekend.

So far I've 3 enemies of varying strength all approaching at the same speed. I know that's not enough so I have plans for zig zagging enemies and enemies approaching in a spiral, but just how many do I need?

Currently I'm thinking of having 10 different types, and even perhaps bosses, although I'm not certain about that yet. Nor am I certain how many waves there should be in total. Currently 100 seems about right. Because of how chains work, scores can vary amazingly within the first 5 already depending on how good a shot you are!

There's still a ton of work to do of course (this is only 2.5 weeks old after all!) But it's already great fun to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment